Saturday 9 February 2013

Final Piece for the embroidery project

Drawing near to the end of my embroidery project, I decided to make a skirt for my final piece, the skater skirt epitomises feminism and is a representation of the development of the skirt over the twentieth century, linking to the family tree concept behind my project (using the idea of ancestry and how families have developed over time). I used various embroidery techniques on my skirt including CAD to produce a Venetian building, transfoils to convey the weathered surface pattern I came across in Venice, and machine lines to represent how families lines run parallel. My favourite aspect of the skirt is the handmade roses- I was able to design them freely and I was able to explore many ideas when making them. 


My final exhibition for my project.. hopefully my tutors were impressed!





No comments:

Post a Comment